Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday 15 September 2013

Daydreamer

 Morning Crafters,  As some of you will notice I have changed the background of my blog, messing about really as I was not happy with it but changing the background also meant other changes had to be made lol! So my apologies. I will get round to changing all past posts so it is readable, I have created a lot of work for myself lol! Any comments welcome.
Oh must say a very warm welcome to Suzie, she has an amazing blog that you can view on:

http://craftinsuzie.blogspot.co.uk/

Anyhow, this is a card I made for a friend for her Birthday but on making it I did make two mistakes, quite simple ones but silly mistakes, I'll let you know what they are at the end!

Items Used;
  • Basic White 8" x 8" card
  • Kandicore card stock - Green Heritage
  • White Card
  • Create and Craft Pearlescent card- Mint Green
  • Spellbinders Nestabilities Imperial Gold - Gold Elements One
  • Spellbinders Nestabilities - Scalloped Labels One
  • Spellbinders Shapeabilities Di-lites - Petite Labels One
  • Creative Expressions Large Pearl Embellishments
  • Creative Expressions Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powder - Artic Bay Lustre
  • Justrite Large Fancy Sentiments
  • Crafters Companion Crisalis Classics CD-Rom
  • Own Stash - Lilac Ribbon
  • Versamark Ink Pad
I cut a piece of  White Card and  Kandicore card stock - Green Heritage, wrapped some  Lilac Ribbon round the Green card and matted this onto the White card, I loved the pattern on this card, sadly I only had one sheet of it.
Out of more White card I die cut two of corners from Spellbinders Nestabilities Imperial Gold - Gold Elements One and placed these in opposite corners.
Using the Create and Craft Pearlescent card- Mint Green, or Turquoise colour, its hard to tell, I die cut one of Spellbinders Nestabilities - Scalloped Labels One, I then chose an image from  Crafters Companion Crisalis Classics CD-Rom, printed it off and die cut it also using Scalloped labels One, I matted and layered the image onto the pearlescent card and attached it just above the center of the card as seen.

Out of some more Mint Green and White card stock I die cut using Spellbinders Shapeabilities Di-lites - Petite Labels One, stamped my sentiment onto the White card with Justrite Large Fancy Sentiments then matted and layered them together and positioned them on the ribbon towards the bottom right corner. I made a messy bow out of some more Lilac Ribbon and attached this next to the sentiment. I took a Creative Expressions Large Pearl Embellishments rubbed it in glue with my Versamark Ink Pad and coated it with Creative Expressions Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powder - Artic Bay Lustre then heat embossed it, I felt this matched the colour of the Mint Green card. There you have your finished card.

Now you are probably wondering where the two mistakes are, well my first mistake was after I had stuck my focal image onto my card I realized that I had put it on upside down!  The two corners from Gold Elements One should have been at the bottom of the card which meant the pattern on the Green Heritage card is upside down, not that that is too noticeable. Luckily I had not stuck the layers onto my base card at that point so I was able to turn it round. My other mistake was when getting some ribbon from my craft room I took what I thought to be White ribbon, (Bad lighting honest!) it was not until I had finished the card and came into another room with natural light that I realized it was in fact lilac colour! Thankfully it still looked ok. So there it stayed lol! I am sure we have all made mistakes at one time or another with our crafting, what was yours?

Thanks for looking, Jacquie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.