Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday 14 September 2013

Sweet Memories of the Season

A Happy Weekend crafters. Another Christmas card today but I cannot take the credit for this one as it is one that Emma Lou from Heartfelt Creations showed on the CHA show on Create and Craft channel few months back, I don't intend to show ones that I have got ideas from someone else as I prefer to showcase my own ideas but I loved this when I saw it and thought I would add my take on it onto my blog. I hope you don't mind?

I would also like to give a warm welcome to my new follower Sue, great to hear from you. You can follow Sue on:

 http://bearhousecreations.blogspot.co.uk/

Items Used:
  • Basic 8" x 8" White card base
  • White Card
  • Create and Craft  Miri card-Lilac
  • Spellbinders M-Bossibilities Embossing Folder-Garden Lattice
  • Spellbinders Shapeabilities Dies - Layered Poinsettia
  • Spellbinders Nestabilities Imperial Gold - Gold Circles One
  • Heartfelt Creations 'Sweet Memories' Pre-cut set
  • Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Shaded Lilac, Black Soot and Vintage Photo
  • Kaisercraft Gems - Purple
I mattered and layered my base card with first White card then Create and Craft  Miri card- Lilac, with another piece of White card I stamped the floral from Heartfelt Creations 'Sweet Memories' Pre-cut set, I stamped this twice on the left side joining them up vertically, I decided to stamp them with Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Vintage Photo rather than Black Soot to give a more natural look, I then ran it through the Grand Calibar using Spellbinders M-Bossibilities Embossing Folder-Garden Lattice, I glued this down into place.
I stamped my three images from Heartfelt Creations 'Sweet Memories' Pre-cut set onto White card with Tim Holtz Distress Inks Black Soot and die cut them with Spellbinders Nestabilities Imperial Gold - Gold Circles One, I  inked through the die with  Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Shaded Lilac, using some Create and Craft  Miri card-Lilac I embossed using the same Spellbinders Nestabilities Imperial Gold - Gold Circles One and cut around the edge with scissors so the White circles, once layered on top,  had some background, I hope this makes sense?

Using more White card I die cut Spellbinders Shapeabilities Dies - Layered Poinsettia using the three largest dies and inked through the dies with Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Shaded Lilac, I love inking through these dies as it just shows up the veins on the petals, I have made many using various coloured inks so I have a stash to use as I wish. I layered the three flowers up mis-aligning each one and placed this in the center of my floral stamp on the left of the card as shown, I attached a Kaisercraft Gems - Purple in the center of the flower to finish it off.

With my three stamped circles I placed them on the card as shown so the smallest of the three was in the bottom right corner and there you have your finished card.

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.