Followers

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 30 October 2013

Blue Lantern

 Morning my crafting friends, hope today finds you all well.

Today's card is made up of bits and pieces I started ages ago but then did not do anything with!! For example I had embossed the Cherry Blossom onto acetate and painted then put away, it was a trial thing! I did the same with three hanging lanterns and the ripple card I had painted and embossed just to see what it looked like then put that aside to use at a later date so yesterday I decided to put them together to make my own version of one of Sheena Douglass cards.

I cut a piece of Black card and embossed it with Sheena Douglass Little Bit Oriental-Sakura Silhouette then just around the edge (as the rest would be covered) I added some Creative Expressions Gilding Wax, first Spring Green then on top of that I used Cast Copper. This gave a lovely oldie look to the card it was a shame it was being covered up!!!
With some Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Silver card I had lightly washed over it with Tim Holtz Distress Inks Tumbled Glass and Shaded Lilac then ran it through Sheena Douglass Little Bit Oriental Embossing Folder Water Ripple, I inked round the edge slightly with Tumbled Glass. 

As I had said earlier I had stamped the Cherry Blossom from  S.D  L.B.O Sakura stamps onto Crafters Companion Heat Resistant Acetate using my Versamark Stamp Pad and embossed with Papermania Embossing Powder Black Sparkle then painted the back of it with Reeves Acrylic Paints; Crimson Red and Titanium White.
On more Acetate I stamped one of the Lanterns from S.D L.B.O. Lanterns stamps as above but painted it in with Reeves Acrylic Paint Ultramarine.  
I then decided to stamp onto the left of the card, using the silhouette blossom and Chinese writing from S.D L.B.O. Sakura stamps with T.H Black Soot to fill in the bare space.
I attached the Cherry Blossom and Lantern with Pinflare Silicone Glue, I did not add a sentiment so it left the card open for any occasion. 

There you have the finished card.

Thank you for looking , Jacquie xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.