Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday 14 October 2013

Farmhouse Christmas

 Morning crafters, another Monday is upon us, don't know where the weeks go and the weekends just fly by.

I have done two interpretations of todays card, I have put the image of the other card at the end of this post.

I got a sheet of Creative Expressions Foundation Card Blue (sorry not sure exact color) and folded it in half. I cut a piece of Crafters Companion Embossed Snowflake card to size, rounded the corners and inked round the edge with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Tumbled Glass, I then attached this to my base card.

Using some White card I stamped my image from Sheena Douglass Little Bit Festive stamps Farmhouse Christmas (hence the title!) with Versa Color Ink Pad in Royal Blue and spread the ink by painting with just a damp brush putting extra ink on the darker parts. I painted the windows with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Squeezed Lemonade. Using Spellbinders Nestabilities Grand Decorative Ovals I die cut the image and inked through the die with Tumbled Glass, I placed this onto my card off setting it to the right. I added a little sparkle to the rooftops and ground by using my glue pen with Deco Art Glamour Dust.

Using some White card and White Vellum I die cut some snowflakes with Spellbinders Shapeabilities 2012 Snowflakes Pendants and heat embossed each one with Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powder Tropic Pearl Lustre. I made up a few snowflakes and placed them curved around the edge of the focal image, on top of each set of snowflakes I placed an Habico Self Adhesive Flat-backed Pearl to finish the card. I did not add a sentiment as I did not feel it needed one.





Now this is the other card I made using the same ideas as  this one, the only difference is I used Spellbinders Nestabilities Lables 20 instead of the Grand Oval and used Teal coloured card instead of Light Blue for the base card. Although I like them both I think I prefer the one with the Grand Oval.






Thank you for looking, Jacquie J xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.