Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday 27 October 2013

Thank You for being my Friend

Hello crafters. Hope today is finding you all well? Very blustery here at the moment with some rain, getting ready for the big one tomorrow...

Thank you for all your beautiful comments yesterday its much appreciated. So I am dedicating todays card to my  crafty friends on my blog, thank you for being my Friend xxx

I decided to keep to just two colours for todays card, Black & Peach, I was quite happy with it until I got a bit heavy handed with the distress ink! Now that sticks out like a sore thumb!Maybe I should have cut it off but too late now lol!

Anyhow, I started with my base 8x8 White card, I know I should have used Peach for this, sorry folks. Onto this I matted some Black card. 

With a sheet of paper from Creative Expressions Teresa Collins Designer Pad I die cut a piece out using Spellbinders Boardabilities Curved Boarders Two as seen, I then inked round the edge with Tim Holtz Distress Inks-Black Soot, this is where I was a bit too heavy handed in one place, I matted this onto my card.

With some Black card I die cut using Spellbinders Nestabilities Decorative Elements-Captivating Squares then stamped the Leaf corners from Sheena Douglass Little Bit Scenic-Silhouette Country Lane with my Versamark Stamp Pad, I heat embossed it with Papermania Embossing Powder-Black Sparkle and attached it to the center of my card with Foam Pads.
With a piece of Pale Peach card from Creative Expression Foundation card I stamped my sentiment from Creative Expressions Unmounted Stamps-Heartfelt Sentiments using Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Black Soot. After die cutting it out using a smaller die from S.B Captivating Square I attached it to the center of the Black Square.
With more of the Pale Peach card I die cut S.B. Shapeabilities Die-lites Tiger Lilies and whilst still in the die I inked through with T.H Distress Ink-Dried Marigold this gave the lovely Orange center to the flowers. I attached these to the card using Pinflare silicone Glue.

There you have the finished card. This was quite a quick one to make, I could have used more embellishments like maybe a few self adhesive pearls on the corners or something, but I think it would have spoilt it more than it already is! What do you think?

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.