Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday 12 October 2013

The Lily Pond

Morning Crafters, today I have my interpretation of a Sheena Douglass' card.

I first cut to size a piece of Crafters Companion Centura Pearl card-Gold. On my glass cutting board I placed some ink from Tim Holtz Distress Inks-Crushed Olive, Tumbled Glass and Shaded Lilac, with a damp paintbrush I picked up the ink from each of these colours and washed over the card so I had the Blue & Green tones at the bottom with the Lilac at the top, then I left this to dry.




Once dry I stamped Sheena Douglass Little Bit Orient - Koi & Waterlilies towards the bottom of the card, using more ink I painted the waterlilies in certain areas to add tone. I added two more lily pads further up the card, though wish I hadn't but once done could not change it! With my Versamark Stamp Pad I stamped the lilies from the same set on top of a few lily pads and heat embossed them with Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powder Tropic Pearl Lustre & Tropic Yellow Lustre and painted these in using Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Victorian Velvet & Squeezed Lemonade.

Using Sheenas' Little Bit Oriental - Sakura I stamped the blossom at the top of the card with Shaded Lilac then using Reeves Acrylic Paints Crimson & Titanium White I painted in the blossom. Once this was dry I used the Sakura stamp with my Versamark Stamp Pad and stamped over the painted blossom then heat embossed with Papermania Embossing Powder Black Sparkle, I did miss a couple of places but it does not seem to matter. I painted the branches with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo.

Using a piece of Crafters Companion Centura Pearl card I stamped my sentiment from JustRite Large Fancy Sentiments using Tim Holtz Distress Ink Black Soot and die cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities Majestic Elements Exquisite Circles, still in the die I inked with Victorian Velvet. I stuck this onto some Black card and cut around the edge leaving a boarder.

With my main focal image dry I matted & layered onto Black card then onto Crafters Companion Centura Pearl card Pastel (Pink), then once more onto Black card before attaching it to my 8 x 8 base card.

To finish the card off I placed my sentiment in the middle of the card on the left.

Thank you for looking, I hope you like it? Jacquie xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.