Followers

Total Pageviews

Friday 25 October 2013

Thinking of You

 Morning Crafters, as I am posting this we have blue skies and the sun is trying to break through the flurry of clouds, hopefully it will stay dry as it chucked it down yesterday. My Acers are starting to change colour I am seeing some Red and Orange, I do love Autumn and the colours it brings. 

Anyhow, todays card is from one of Sheena Douglass Little Bit Magical 'The Quest' stamp set, she does bring us some beautiful stamp sets. I tried to do a card similar to one she had shown on one of her shows.

I started with my base card 8 x 8 White card, I matted this up with some Brown card from Crelando Coloured card that I got from Lidls, using the back of Crafters Companions Centura Pearl Gold card I inked randomly over the card with Tim Holtz Distress Inks; Crushed Olive, Peacock Feathers and Squeezed Lemonade. 

I then stamped my image from Sheena Douglass Little Bit Magical The Quest using Tim Holtz Vintage Photo. I coloured in the tree using Crushed Olive & Vintage Photo as water colour paints, I coloured in the boy using Crafters Companion Spectrum Noir pens DR4 & JG2. I coloured his skin with T.H.Distress Inks Victorian Velvet & Squeezed Lemonade together as water colours and his hair, satchel and boots with Vintage Photo. Bit of a mix but it worked. The falling leaves I second stamped with Vintage Photo, meaning ink the stamp up blot it onto paper then stamp onto the background using the same ink a second time to give a faded effect. I inked round the edge with Vintage Photo and put to one side.

I cut a piece of Crafters Companion  Heat Resistant Acetate to size and stamped the Owl from Sheena's 'The Quest' using my Versamark Stamp Pad then heat embossed with Papermania Embossing Powder in Copper, turning the acetate over I painted the Owl on the back using Reeves Acrylic Paints in Burnt Umber, Titanium White, Paynes Gray and Ultramarine, unfortunately these do not show through so well as the embossing powder almost left no gaps in the stamped image but hopefully you can see what I was trying to do. I placed the acetate over my card so I could see where to place my sentiment, no good covering it up with the Owl lol! I stamped my sentiment from Creative Expressions Unmounted Stamps-Classic Sentiments using T.H. Distress Ink Vintage Photo then attached the acetate using four brads from Do crafts Papermania Chronology Brads in the same copper tone to match the Owl.

I matted this onto my card and there you have the finished card. I have two more cards to upload today for in the week, I was a busy bee yesterday! I schedule my cards as I find it easier what with work etc that way I can try and keep on top of it to add a new card each day, of course that means I cannot chat about things that have happened during my day as I don't have a crystal ball lol! So please do not think I am not being friendly like some of you, I love reading your posts and reading what you have got up to, this is just easier for me and I try to read everyone's blog sometime from morning before work till before I go to bed.As you read this I break up from work for half term today, yippee, so I have a full week ahead of chores and card making lol!

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.