Followers

Total Pageviews

Thursday 24 October 2013

True Friendship

Happy morning crafters, hope this finds you all well, I have a bit of a more cheery card for you today, although I love it as it is, there could be some improvements on it but I did not do them in case it ruined it lol! What do they say? Its only a piece of card...!

Forgot to Welcome Kate (doenrightcrafty) yesterday, sorry Kate, great to have you on board.

Thanks for all your wonderful comments yesterday, had a fabulous time at the Tower and the kids were fantastic, 61 in all but with 6 staff we had groups of 10 each and mine were all girls who all behaved exceptionally well. We did not lose any of them thankfully lol!
Ang they do still have the Crown Jewels there and they are stunning close up, well worth a look as indeed the whole Tower is.
I will get round to comment on everyone's blog tonight, sorry was too knackered last night lol!

Anyway, I started with my basic White 8 x 8 card and matted it up with a piece of Gold card, sorry cannot remember where this came from, With some Crafters Companion Centura Pearl card Gold, I turned it over, as Sheena says! So the Pearlescent side is now on the back and randomly coloured all over the card with Tim Holtz Distress Inks-Fired brick, Crushed Olive, Squeezed Lemonade and Vintage Photo.

With Sheena Douglass Little Bit Magical Stamps-Enchanted Doorway, I stamped this in the center of my card using Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo, using the same ink I painted in a little of the tree and used Crushed Olive on the leaves. I stamped on the brick walls at the side and the little bricks around the tree with Vintage Photo then using a paint brush and some water I washed the ink off in places on the tree and brick walls, put in some steps and dried with some kitchen towel.

On the back of the wall I stamped the ivy with the Crushed Olive ink, these stamps were also in the Enchanted Doorway set.

Down in the bottom right corner I stamped my sentiment from Creative Expressions Unmounted stamps-Classic Sentiments, I did intend this to be a 'Welcome to your new Home' message but could not find my stamp so stamped this one instead!

There you have the finished card, hope this one warms you up Ang lol!

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.