Followers

Total Pageviews

Tuesday 15 October 2013

Winter Wellies

 Morning again crafters, hope this day finds you all well and happy. A BIG hello to Sam Smithard, a warm welcome and thank you for visiting my blog. 

Thank you for all the lovely comments yesterday I really do appreciate it, I may not always comment back on your blogs straight away but try and get round to everyone's sometime during the day. Thank you.

Today's card is another take on the 'Snowy Wellies' one I put on last month, this time I decided to colour it.

I started with some Creative Expressions Foundation card Lime Green and folded it in half to form my base card. I cut a piece of Crafters Companion Embossed Snowflake card  and inked round the edge with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Crushed Olive then matted this onto my base card.
Onto some White card I stamped my focal image from Sheena Douglass Little Bit Festive Snowy Wellies and colored it in with Royal Langnickel Water color paints-Violet, Deep Green, Crimson Red Lake, Burnt Umber and Black as seen. I washed a bit of colour out of the wellies to make it look like they had a shine to them and added some thick dark brown round the edges of the wellies and sledge. I put a wash of pale blue just under the wellies to look like snow and added some Deco Art Glamour Dust along the lines of snow for some sparkle. In the top right corner I stamped a few snowflakes from Sheena Douglass Little Bit Scenic Ornate Snowflakes using Tim Holtz Distress Ink Tumbled Glass.

I die cut this out with Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles and attached it to my card. Using White card and White Vellum I die cut several snowflakes from Spellbinders Shapeabilities 2012 Snowflake Pendants, I inked round the larger  one with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Tumbled Glass, the smaller ones I heat embossed with Cosmic shimmer Embossing Powder Tropic Pearl Lustre then attached them on the card as seen. On top of each snowflake I added an Habico Self Adhesive Flat Backed Pearl.


On the edge of the Radiant Rectangle die I placed a bow out of own stash Christmas ribbon, with a piece of White card I die cut with Spellbinders Fancy Framed Tags Two and inked through die with Tumbled Glass, I wrote With Love on it as I could not find a sentiment small enough to fit at the time, then attached it with Creative Expression Bakers Twine Green to the ribbon.

There you have the finished card.

Thank you for looking, Jacquie  xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.