Followers

Total Pageviews

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Cobblestone Mill In Autumn

Morning my crafting friends, hope this finds you all safe and well.

Thank you to Christine, Hazel & Suzie for your lovely comments yesterday on the Remembrance image, I would love to visit some battlefields, though my sister did take me to the ones in France near where she lives and I love to see a field of poppies, nothing so beautiful. 

I thought today I would post this card as Autumn is definitely coming to an end so before it does I wanted to show one of my favorite images of Thomas Kinkade.

I took my base card, matted it up with some White card then embossed Burgundy card that had first been wrapped with some beautiful Autumn Leaves Ribbon.

I printed the image, cut it out and matted and layered it onto Burgundy card then White card. I placed this on top of the ribbon on the left side of the card.

I stamped my sentiment onto some White card, die cut, inked through die and matted it onto some Burgundy card also die cut with the a larger die from same set, I attached this to the ribbon with Foam Pads and added a bow out of the same Autumn Leaves Ribbon and placed this on top of the ribbon at edge of the sentiment.

There you have the finished card.

Items Used:


Joanna Sheen-Thomas Kinkade Papercraft CD
Crafters Comapnion-Centura Pearl Gold card
Creative Expressions-Foundations Card Burgundy
Own Stash-White Card
E-Bay-Autumn Leaves Ribbon
Spellbinders-Die-lites Petite Lables One
Tim Holtz Distress Inks-Fired Brick
Sheena Douglass-Little Bit Oriental Embossing Folder Maple Leaf

I am trying to shorten the 'essays' on my post explaining how I make my cards as they seem rather long at times and I am sure by looking at the image you could tell what I have done, so please do let me know if it sounds rather abrupt or whether its not enough information or even too much! I may change the format again as I am still not happy with it but I welcome any advice/comment. You will notice the post for the next few days will be of the old way that's because I posted those before this one lol! Last minute decision to put an Autumn card in first, that's me!!! So sorry for any confusion there may be with tomorrows post and next few days!

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.