Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday 9 November 2013

True Friendship

Morning my crafting friends, hope this finds you all well.

Todays card is bits I had in my stock that I had not used so just messed about seeing what may look good together! I have a habit sometimes of die cutting loads in different colours and storing them in a box so this is what I looked through.

I started with my basic 8x8 White card then matted this with some Creative Expression Foundation card-Teal, with Creative Expression Foundation card-Light Blue I embossed it with Sheena Douglass Embossing Folder-Maple Leaf and matted & layered  this onto my card.

In my stock I had a die cut from Spellbinders Majestic Elements-Majestic Lables Twenty Five in C.E Teal card so I attached this to my card, I had a frame from Spellbinders Imperial Gold-Gold Lables Four out of Creative Expression Foundation card-Milk and another whole piece with the same die that I had first inked up with Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Peacock Feathers, it was on this I stamped my sentiment from Creative Expression Unmounted Stamps-Classic Sentiments using T.H. Peacock Feathers. I attached the sentiment on top of the Majestic Lables Twenty Five then added the frame from Gold Lables Four. I felt this left a big space around my sentiment so I added another frame from Spellbinders Shapeabilities Twisted Metal Tags & Accents that had been cut out of Creative Expression Foundation card-Milk, I was not sure whether this would look too much but now I feel it frames the sentiment well as well as filling in the space around it.

Now I just needed something on the bottom, I had in my box some flowers that I had die cut but these were the wrong colour, they were just too much so I die cut more using Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Card-Cream, Creative Expressions Foundation Card-Teal, Spellbinders Shapeabilities Die-lites Blooms Three and Four and Spellbinders Shapeabilities Die-lites Sprigs. I inked the Sprigs whilst still in the die with T.H. Peacock Feathers. I layered these up together and placed them onto my card as seen. Keeping the colours limited this looked better than lots of flowers all different colours that did not match the card. Whether it would have looked better had the flowers been White or the frames Cream I do not know? What do you think?

There you have the finished card, I hope you like it.

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.