Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday 2 February 2014

Vintage car

Morning my crafting friends, hope this finds you all well and safe, hope no one is affected by all the floods everywhere, if you are my heart goes out to you.

I have been so busy of late that I have only just managed to get round to your posts this weekend, hope I have not missed anyone out, I love looking at all your beautiful creations. Thank you for all the lovely comments on my Son's birthday card, to be honest when I made it I had forgotten about it being Chinese New Year, my son, like me, has always loved anything Oriental, just love their style. In my garden I have my collection of Acers and Chinese ornaments I just love them. It was fitting that this year his birthday was the day before Chinese new Year and Hazel, I don't think he was born on a Chinese New Year, would have to work that one out to see lol!

We went to Thailand 7 years ago (for his father's funeral) that was around the Chinese New Year and it was lovely to see some of the celebrations, we would have liked to see the Chinese celebrations in China Town but it would have been such an expense to get there and back in taxi's at night, we did look around the Chinese town in the day time though whilst they were setting up the celebrations, I am sure they would have been spectacular.
Anyhow, today's card was the one I made for my Daughter's boyfriend who is 30 today. They have gone away for the weekend and his Family have come down from Manchester to spend the time with them, its only a camp site about 10 miles from where they live but its time away from home, I am sure they will have a fabulous time. We could not make it as it's such a long way to travel to Cornwall just for a couple of days.

The base card was one from an old Kanban card kit I had, I inked the die SP Imperial Gold Nestabilities Gold Ivy with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Crushed Olive and die cut a piece of light Green card from Lidl's, I matted this with a piece of darker Green card, cut with the smaller die from the set and matted this on the top, I then added the image, which is from the same Kanban card kit, in the center. The sentiment and tag was from the kit too. I did not put 30 on the front, you know how sensitive some Men get about their age so I put a special 30th verse inside for him instead lol!.

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.