Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday 8 March 2014

A cottage in the country...

Morning crafters, another weekend is upon us and in the third month already!!! I hope this finds you all safe and well?

Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments for my card on Thursday.
I am hoping to return to work on Monday if my stomach plays nice, well got to go either way otherwise I don't get paid! Chest infection cleared but left with really bad stomach upset, I don't remember being so ill for years, my immune system must be low!

Now if you remember about 4 days ago I did the window card and mentioned that I was going to add the window box, well for todays card I have!

I had cut the Spellbinders Shapeabilities Die-lites Window Two out when I did the other card and added a piece of White card behind the filigree at the top. To make this look more like a window I decided to add some acetate behind the windows and make some 'curtains'! I had a little piece of scrap card that I had stamped with Justrite Dotted Fronds Background Stamp and heat embossed with Papermania White Embossing Powder so I scored it at intervals to make a concertina shape then stuck these to ether side of the window, they were level honest lol! Obviously you would not see inside a window so I added a piece of Black card at the back to make it look right, it was whilst sticking this on that the curtains moved out of line and I couldn't put them back, still look more like our windows now where the curtains are never opened right lol!! 

I die cut the SB Shapeabilities Die-lites Window Box, coloured it in with Promarkers, trimmed it to fit and attached it to the front of the window.  Using some Creative Expressions Foundation Card-Spring Green I die cut SB Imperial Gold-Gold Lables Four twice, onto one I embossed with SB M-Bossibilities Folder Tweets and Twigs then matted the window up on top.

On the PC I typed up a sentiment from 'Just the Right Words' book by Judith Wibberley, printed it off and die cut with a smaller die from SB  Gold Lables Four, inked through the die with TH Tumbled Glass and matted this onto the other Green Lables Four card.

For the base I folded a sheet of Create and Craft Silk Card-Lime Green in half landscape. I found some card that I thought would make good as a 'wall' so I embossed this with Creative Expressions Sue Wilson Embossing Folder Garden Lattice and rubbed over some TH Distress Ink Vintage Photo, I matted this onto the base card and attached the window and sentiment on top as seen.



There you have the finished card. next post Monday.

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.