Followers

Total Pageviews

Tuesday 18 March 2014

Cherry Blossom


Hello my crafting friends, hope today finds you all safe and well? Sorry for not getting round to your posts yesterday will try and look at everyone's today.

Wasn't the weekend lovely, would be so nice to have a long summer. We can but hope!

For todays card I wanted to print the Sheena Douglass Oriental Cherry Blossom Tree stamp to have as a focal point on my card but being as the stamp is such a large one the only die I had to cut it with was the SB Grand Decorative Circles so this meant the card to had to be a large one lol! I stamped the image and verse onto White card, die cut and whilst still in the die using a brayer I applied some Tim Holtz Distress Ink Crushed Olive across the base of the image and over the verse to look like grass, then did the same with TH Tumbled Glass across the top for the sky, I then coloured in the tree with Promarkers. Leaving it still in the die this meant it left the white edge around the image. 

I  embossed with the same die onto a piece of Creative Expressions Foundation Card Blush card and cut round the edge and matted the image on top so the card underneath came through the die cut on top.

I made an 8" X 8" card with Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Card and matted it up with some CE Blush Card. With some Blue Miri Card I stamped SD Oriental Sakura stamp around the edge of the card using my Versamark Ink Pad and left to dry. Once dry I matted and layered this up onto my card and attached the focal circle towards the top of the card. Using more of the Blush and Miri card I die cut with SB Large Circles three circles and matted and layered together as seen with the smallest layer printed with my sentiment from Creative Expressions Treasured Memories Unmounted stamps. I attached this to the bottom right corner of the card.

There you have the finished card.

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.