Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday 10 March 2014

Happy Birthday Brother!

Morning crafters, hope this finds you all safe, well and enjoying the sunshine we are having of late, all be it still cold but at least the sun is shining!

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments on my last post, I am still not 100% but here's hoping I will be okay at work lol!

Today is my Twin Brothers Birthday, so Happy Birthday David! This is the card I made for him, an easel/stepper card, I have since put DAV 1 on the number plate lol! I wanted to do something different from the normal portrait/landscape card for him so tried this and I am pleased with the finished product though I can see improvements on it but that's me!

I started with a sheet of Create and Craft Gold card and folded it in half Landscape. With the top half I cut to the fold about two thirds in, with the largest card on the left I folded that diagonally to form the easel card and cut off any excess, the card on the right I folded in half to form the stepper.

Using Debbie Moore's 'Cards For Men' Vintage Transport Volume 4 I printed off the backing paper using copy paper and the classic car image page onto Photo paper, this had various images of the car, glasses and boarder, I chose two images that would fit on my card and matted and layered them up first with Black card (Lidls) then more of the C & C Gold card. Seeing as the base card was Gold I matted the easel and stepper with Black card before attaching my images onto them. I added a boarder down the side of the easel image to fill the space and attached the backing paper to the base of the card as seen.

Using another boarder I matted and layered it up onto Black card followed by Gold card and attached this to the base of the card with Foam pads to raise it up to use as my stopper.

On the PC I typed up my sentiment, inked round the edge with a Gold Pen and inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Bundled Sage over the card leaving the words clear, matted this up with Black card and attached it to the base of my card under the boarder stopper.

There you have the finished card, dimensions are 5" X 7" folded. Next post on Wednesday.

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.