Followers

Total Pageviews

Thursday 20 March 2014

Koi


Morning my crafting friends, good of you to visit me again, its much appreciated. I have finally got round to deciding what goodies to buy with my birthday money, firstly my boots fell apart so that meant most of it had to go on a pair of shoes for work! I then set about making a list, not that I didn't already have a long list, I just narrowed it down lol! I decided on Tonic Emily Deco Frame, SB Feathers Dies, Wild Rose Specialty Die Oval Frame, Clarity Stamps Tangle Stencil and some Kraft Card. All ordered just waiting on my goodies to arrive so roll on Easter hols when I can play lol!

I am at present having a go at two wedding cards I have been asked to make from the girls I work with for two others we work with who are both getting married soon. So I have been questioning them about their plans, colour schemes etc to get some ideas, hopefully I shall finish the first one to get it on here soon, have not had much time to do anything lately!

Now, todays card is another Sheena Douglass, I used SD Oriental Koi and Waterlilies Stamp. I started by making an 8" X 8" card out of Gold card, sorry cannot remember where I got this from, it may have been Create and Craft, I matted this up with Lidls Red card then more of the Gold card. Using the back of Crafters Companion Centura Card I inked all over with Tim Holtz Distress Inks Bundled Sage and Tumbled Glass and blended together to try and make it look like water! On top of this I stamped the Koi, Waterlilies and Ripples as seen with TH Black Soot. It was only after I went and stamped that I feel the ripples should possibly be the other way round, horizontally instead of vertical? Was not sure but hey, too late now! For the Koi I painted on TH Ink Squeezed Lemonade followed by Dried Marigold and Fired Brick, the Waterlilies I painted with TH Ink Bundled Sage and Crushed Olives and added a little Tumbled Glass onto the ripples.  I dried these off and added three coats of Pinflare Glaze over the Koi and Waterlilies, letting each coat completely dry before adding another one.

There you have the finished card, I have left the sentiment off as I may give this to my Father-in-Law for Fathers Day, he used to keep Koi up till about 3 years ago, so until I have decided I will keep it blank but the sentiment will go in the space under the smaller Koi.

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.