Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday 22 March 2014

May your Lives be filled with Love & Laughter...


Morning crafters, hope this finds you all well? Another weekend is upon us so lets hope we have a bit of sunshine.

Today's post is one of the wedding cards I have been doing for the girls at work, the recipient of this one is having Dark Purple dresses for the Bridesmaids, she loves Purple so that was an easy colour scheme to do. Sorry about the wonky photo, don't know what came over me!!!

I started with Crafters Companion Centura Pearl card and put two sheets together to form an 8" X 8" card. Using more of the Centura Pearl card I stamped the back with Justrite Elegant Fronds Background Stamp  using Tim Holtz Distress Inks Seedless Preserves, I extended the design then inked around the edge also with TH Seedless Preserves and matted this onto my base card.

Using a sheet of Dark Purple card from Hunkydory Purple Butterfly Collection I die cut the bottom with Spellbinders Curved Boarders Two, cut it to size and matted this onto the card. With another piece of Centura Pearl Card I cut to size and popped it through the center of the second smallest die from SB Grand Decorative Ovals so it would just cut the bottom part of the card, I then ran the top half through the Crafters Companion Regency Swirls 8in X 8in Embossilicious Embossing Folder, this I left White, I cut a piece of pale Lilac Ribbon, enough to fit across the embossed card and inked it up with Seedless Preserve so it would be a dark Purple, placed it across the card at the bottom of the embossing and stuck it on the back, I then matted it onto the Purple card as seen.
 
Using some White card I typed my sentiment on the PC, printed it off and die cut with the smallest SB Grand Decorative Ovals die, inked round the edge in the die with Seedless Preserve then inked the very edge of the oval once out of the die, I attached it to the card over the ribbon.

Using Centura Pearl Card and SB Shapeabilities Die-lite Blooms Four die I cut out several of the flowers, inked the edges with Seedless Preserve and arranged them together as seen. In the center of each flower I added a Kaisercraft Sparklet Gem Princess. I arranged these onto the card and once happy where they were going I stuck them down.

I decided to cover part of the inside with some paper from Hunkydory Purple Butterfly Collection for the background and printed a verse on the PC which, after I cut to size, die cut the top and bottom with SB Curved Boarders Two and attached this on top of the backing paper. I had a little boarder left from the stamped Elegant Fronds card so I trimmed this and attached it to the edge of the card to match the front.

There you have the finished card. I now have another wedding card to make with the colour theme of Royal Blue and Silver that is the colour of the Brides dress! Intriguing I know but the design she showed me (her own) is gorgeous.
Luckily I have not told anyone at work about my blog so the Brides to be will not see their cards.

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.