Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday 13 April 2014

True Friendship

Hi My crafting friends, hope this finds you all safe and well today.

Today I would like to wish one of my best friends Emma Happy Birthday, today's card is one I made for Emma, we have not seen each other for over a year now and I do miss her company. I never seem to find the time to travel up to Norfolk to see her or my other friends but we do keep in touch as often as possible.


I started with Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Ivory card and folded it in half to make the base card.I matted and layered this with more Centura card but this time from the Pastel collection in Pink.

Using more of the CC Centura Ivory card I stamped it with Justrite Background Stamp Dotted Frond using my Versamark Ink Pad then heat embossed with Papermania Embossing Powder Seafoam White, I had to extend the pattern both at the side and bottom. I die cut an oval out using SB Grand Decorative Ovals, I think this was the third die down then matted this onto my base card. 

Using some White card I stamped my sentiment from Creative Expressions Unmounted Stamps Classic Sentiments with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pumice Stone and die cut with the smaller die from the SB Grand Decorative Ovals, I inked through the die with TH Distress Ink Victorian Velvet and attached it to the card in the center of the larger Oval die cut.

I made some flowers with CC Ivory, Pink and White card using SB Shapeabilities Die-lites Blooms 1, 3 & 4 and some SB Die-lites Sprigs out of White card, the White flowers I coloured the edges with TH Victorian Velvet and Antique Linen, placed a Hobby House Flat backed Pearl Medallion in the center and attached these to the card around the bottom of the Oval and one in the top right corner to balance the card out. Under the flowers I added the sprigs and there is the finished card.

Dimensions are 5"X7".

I shall now go back to cleaning all the blinds and windows in my conservatory, I started on Friday, its so time consuming taking each vertical blind down, washing them, cleaning all the conservatory plastic, windows, window sills and skirting then hanging the blinds back up again to dry before putting back in the weights and chains! It looks good in the end though. I think this will be the last time I will be able to wash these blinds as they are getting tatty now and the weights are starting to disintegrate, they have been up for 10 years but are far too expensive to replace. My in-laws have just replaced theirs and they cost over £1000, their conservatory is half the size of ours lol!!! We had a large conservatory 22' X 12' as its our living room. Still its the one job I wanted to get finished this holiday and now I have.

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.