Followers

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 21 May 2014

House Mouse and Leaf

Morning my crafting friends, hope this finds you all safe and well, the weather has been lovely here of late, I am not going to complain about the heat we have waited long enough for a bit of sun lol!



Well todays card I am entering into the Hobbycutz Challenge, in fact I think this is my first ever Black and White card that I have ever made, I have had a Black & White card from a kit and have made a Black & White card with a Green Peacock but this is a first 'just' Black & White!!! I am quite pleased with how it turned out, no die cutting, no ribbon and no embellishments, just stamping and embossing!

I folded my White sheet of card in half to form the base card, with some Black card I cut to size and stamped all round the edge using my Versamark Ink Pad and Joanna Sheen House Mouse Fall Float stamp using just the leaf bit then heat embossed with Papermania Embossing Powder Black Sparkle. I then matted this onto my base card.

I cut some White & Black card to form alternate squares, matting the Black onto the White and embossing it with Couture Creations Embossing Folder Endless and attaching it to the card in the top left corner.

With the other piece of White card I stamped the Joanna Sheen House Mouse Fall Float stamp with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Black Soot in the center and put it aside to dry for a few minutes, I got a paint brush and some water then painted in the stamp with the ink already on it so it was a light shade of Grey, I used more of the Black Soot to add the darker shades to the leaf and the tail of the mouse. I matted this onto the Black card then attached it in the bottom right corner of the card so it was slightly over the other square.

There you have the finished card. Quick and easy. I hope you like it?

I would like to enter this in:

http://hobbycutzchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/challenge-48-3-shades-of-same-colour.html

http://housemouse-challenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/splish-splash-challenge-hmfmc170.html


Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.