Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday 19 May 2014

Indian Arches - Happy Birthday Nephew

Morning crafters, one more week to go lol! Thank you for coming by and taking a look at my blog I really do appreciate you taking the time out of your day to view what I have done. 


Today is my Nephews 34th birthday so I sent him this card, I had done a bit of experimenting with Sheena Douglass Taste of India Embossing Folder Indian Ornamental, Papermania Gold Embossing Powder and Tim Holtz Distress Inks Dried Marmalade and Fired Brick to try and make some bands to go across a card. I was using SD tip of Glycerine instead of my Versamark pad, this is so the embossing powder just goes on the parts you want it too, though I have not got it to work correctly yet, you brush the glycerine onto a brayer and roll this over your embossing folder, run it through the machine and heat emboss with embossing powder, however, I never seem to get the whole folder inked up as the glycerine retreats too quick in order to get it all covered if you know what I mean lol! Anyhow, I have managed to get a few strips done. Once you have embossed it through your machine, you heat emboss with your choice of colour, mine was Papermania Gold Embossing Powder, then you ink all over again with your choice of colour, for this strip I had used TH Dried Marmalade followed by Fired Brick.  I had done two more in Red and Pink!

For the main image I used SD Taste of India Embossing Folder Indian Arches, I used White card and ran this through my machine then inked it up with TH Squeezed Lemonade, Dried Marmalade, Fired Brick, Rusty Hinge and Vintage Photo, once happy I matted it up onto CC Centura Pearl Ivory card.

I took a sheet of CC Centura Pearl Ivory card and folded it in half to form my base card, matted it up with CC Centura Pearl Pastel Taupe card, added the strip to the left side of the card and the image across the middle as seen. 

I felt a sentiment would have ruined the look I was after so instead I stamped  the 'Om' symbol from SD Taste of India Rubber Stamp set Tiger Tiger onto a piece of White card using my Versamark Pad and triple heat embossed it with Papermania Embossing Powder Black Sparkle, then I die cut with SB Standard Circles Large and inked through the die with TH Vintage Photo.  As we all know inking through the die leaves a White edge which my son thought made it look out of place on the card and suggested I coloured it in the same colours as the strip!!! In order to do this I had to die cut a circle (SB Standard Circles Large) out to cover the middle but leave the edge and ink first with TH Dried Marmalade followed by Fired Brick, I have to agree this did look much better as it bought in the colour off the strip. 

There you have the finished card, thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.