Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday 5 May 2014

Peace from Within

Morning crafters, Happy Bank Holiday Monday, hope this finds you all safe and well. many thanks for all your lovely comments for my post on Sunday its much appreciated.

On the Dog v Cats front my Male cat Leo (who is normally the big wimp) has got very brave and now walks past the dog, as long as we are there he knows she's not going to hurt him, not that she would anyway, however, my Female cat Mia is still terrified of her which is surprising as she was the first to come back in with us but no, she will not walk past her even if she's lying down, yesterday I thought I would pick her up and introduce them ha ha! wrong idea, Mia hissed and spat and went for Keala (Dog), she was not happy! Guess it will take her a little longer lol! At least it has stopped her from bullying Leo for a while!
Now today's post I have been playing with Sheena Douglass Taste of India again, I thought I would use some CC Kraft card as I had not used any yet! Onto this I matted some Black card, I wanted to stamp and paint with Creative Expressions Cosmic Shimmers Iridescent Mica Pigments so decided on using Black card as it shows the colours up more so kept to two colour scheme as far as card was concerned.

Using more Kraft card I stamped around the edge with SD Taste of India Rubber Stamp-Henna using Tim Holtz Distress Inks Peacock Feathers and Crushed Olives then matted this onto the card.

As I said earlier I wanted to stamp onto the Black card but silly me went and embossed it first instead of after with SD Embossing Folder Taste of India - Henna so I decided to paint the embossed flower and leaves instead. Once painted I rubbed over some Creative Expression Metallic Gilding Wax - Cast Bronze, I had no Gold lol! I embossed a piece of Black card using the same embossing folder just just emboss the flower, painted it again the same as before then added it on top of the main flower raised up.

I tied some Orange Ribbon from Beautiful4crafts.co.uk around the right side of the card and matted this onto my card, I attached a bow out of the same ribbon then stamped my sentiment from SD T.of I - Mandala onto Kraft card, die cut with SB Fancy Framed Tags Two, I inked through the die with TH Dried Marmalade and attached it to the card as seen.

To finish the card off I added some Queen & Co Twinkle Goosebumps Orange 'Twinkle' Gems to the top right corner and a Kaisercraft Sparklets Gem - Saffron on top of the bow.

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.