Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday 2 June 2014

One for the Guys

 Morning Crafters, hope this finds you all safe and well. Thank you for paying me a visit today, its much appreciated.

Today's post I have done for the Guys and it features one of my favourite dies from Tattered Lace the Oriental Dragon.





I decided on the colours Blue & Silver first of all so I folded a sheet of Create and Craft Silver Miri Card in half to form the Landscape card.

I cut out four panels from Creative Expressions Foundation Teal Card, measuring them up carefully trying to get them all the same size as well as the paper from Tattered Lace Magazine, needless to say no matter how hard I tried they were not perfect lol!

I matted and layered these up and spaced them out equally on the card to form a backdrop for my Dragon.

Using the Tattered Lace Dragon Die I die cut it twice, once out of the CE Teal card and once out of the CC Silver Miri card, I used the Teal Dragon as a shadow for the Silver Dragon. I attached this to the card in the bottom left corner.

Using more of the Teal & Silver Miri card I stamped my sentiment using Chinese Style Letters, sorry I have had these a while and cannot remember the make of them,I inked them with my Versamark Pad onto the Teal card and heat embossed with Papermania Embossing Powder Seafoam White. I then die cut with SB Imperial Gold - Gold Lables Four, with the Silver Miri card I first inked up the SB Gold Lables Four die with TH Peacock Feathers then die cut, unfortunately the ink did not adhere to the miri card so it does not show up. I matted the Teal sentiment on top of the Silver Miri die cut and attached this to the top right corner of the card to balance out the Dragon.

There you have the finished card. In hindsight I feel it may have looked better had I put another layer under the four panels on top of the Silver base card.

I would like to enter this into:

http://challenge.tatteredlace.co.uk/2014/06/may-challenge-one-for-guys.html

http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/week-261-for-guys.html


Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.