Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday 13 September 2014

Holly Wreath

Morning my crafting friends, thank you for visiting me today, I love having you visit and reading any comments you may make. If I can give just a little inspiration to one person then it has all been worthwhile.

Now I want to ask if any of you have ever been, or know of anyone who has been to the Faulty Towers experience in London? I am sure you all know the TV programme and the experience in London is you are the diners whilst the impersonators come round and play their roles. It is of course a comedy and I am asking as I was going to take hubby to see a musical for his 50th next year but after seeing this thought he might like it better so was wondering if any of you have been or know of any reviews as I cannot find any lol! It has apparently been going for 16 years!!!  Please do let me know. Hubby does not look at my blog so there is no fear of him finding out lol!

Now today's card...


I used the Stencil Wreath straight onto some White card, I wanted a quick and simple card and my intentions were to use just chalk  and a quick sentiment at the bottom, however, when I had finished chalking through the stencil I did not like it so rather than waste the card I die cut the holly leaves and berries out to stick over the top. Now as you can imagine with one die for each size leaf and berry it took the whole afternoon to die cut these out and attach to the card, bearing in mind to start with I needed 18 sets of berries which meant the die going through the machine 36 times!!! In the end I added extra large Holly leaves to cover up some of the berries lol!

I embossed the bottom of the card but then did not like the blank space between the wreath and embossed bit so added a curved boarder!

I die cut my sentiment ( I typed this up on the PC) using Delightful Circles and die cut again using the same die but with Rich Green card and off set it slightly, I placed this in the center of the wreath.

Adding a strip of ribbon to the side of the card finished it off. Dimensions are 5"X7". 

What was planned to be a simple and quick card turned out to take one of the longest times for me to complete a card!!!

Items Used:

Basic White/Cream card
SB Holly Leaves & Branches
SB Curved Boarders 
SB Delightful Circles
Clarity Stencil Holly Wreath
Creative Expressions Foundation card Rich Green
Joanna Sheen Red Satin Card
Green Organza Ribbon 
Gold Marker Pen 


Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.