Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday 12 October 2014

Autumn is a second Spring...

Morning my crafting friends, my we are having a mixture of weather here, one moment its really cold and pouring with rain then 10 minutes later its sunny & hot!!! This is how it has been all weekend so far,  jumper on, jumper off...lol! Still yesterday I gave up the housework to have some play time so instead of my second Purple card as promised I have decided to show you what I made yesterday! The Purple is now scheduled for Tuesday!


I knew what I wanted to achieve with my Autumn card, and I will say now I have not achieved it yet!  I started by colouring in some White textured card with Distress inks, Dried Marmalade, Fired Brick & Rusty Hinge to get the desired Autumnal effect.

My next step was to try and ink up the Oak leaves mask so I could cover them in gilding flakes, however I don't have any glue other than my versamark ink pad and this was not strong enough to hold the gilding flakes so I had to give up on that for the time being, I shall go and get some glue on Monday. Not to be beaten I covered the leaves with Cosmic Shimmer Precious Sparkle Pigments in Red Metal, Bright Bronze and Gold Sparkle, I was quite happy with how they looked together, unfortunately the photos do not show up the sparkle!
I stamped my sentiment down in the bottom right corner pressing extra hard as it was textured card and sometimes the ink does not go into the grooves! I had four metal corner embellishments so I glued these into each of the corners then added my topper of an Autumn leaf. I matted this onto Gold Miri card, added foam tape on the back and attached it to some Red Corrugated card which I felt set it off better that the Orange or Brown would have done. I attached this to the Black base card where I was going to leave a very thin boarder round the whole of the card so it would fit in the envelope but as it happens its still very slightly too big so I guess I will have to make a box, watch this space!!!

On the inside I added some Red card, stamped a verse onto some Orange card and die cut it out using Captivating Squares and placed it in the center of the Red card. There you have the finished card. Dimensions are 8"X8".

Items Used:
Create and Craft White Textured Card
Black card
Lidls Corrugated card Red
Tim Holtz Distress Inks Dried Marmalade, Rusty Hinge, Fired Brick & Black Soot
Creative Expressions Cosmic Shimmer Precious Sparkle Set 1
Joanna Sheen Signature Stencils Oak Leaves
Inkylicious Autumn Stamp
Spellbinders Captivating Squares
Hunkydory Autumn card Kit Autumn Leaf
Creative Expressions Metal Corner Embellishment
Grafix Miri Card ( From The Range-pack of 10 different colours)
Versamark Ink Pad

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.