Followers

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 8 October 2014

Christmas in the Heart

Morning my crafting friends, so nice to have you here with me today, if you have a blog of your own then please do leave a comment with the link and I can return the favour.



We have more of Sheena Douglass today ( why do I keep going to type Sheena Easton lol!) as I have said before I love her stamps, especially the scenic ones, so here we have two stamps put together to form a scene, one of the trees and one of the deer. I stamped these on to some White card and coloured in the deer with Rusty Hinge & Vintage Photo but left the background White, yes it would have looked more dramatic had I coloured the sky Blue but I liked it left White! I then added a little Glamour Dust under their feet.

In my stash of scrap card I found this piece which had a circle die cut out of it and it fitted perfectly over the image to form a frame, sorry cannot remember what die was used to make this and I have looked through my dies but it beats me as I cannot find it lol! I wrapped some Pale Blue seam Binding Ribbon around underneath the aperture and fixed the frame on top of the image with some foam pads to raise it up then matted both onto a periwinkle base card.

I stamped my sentiment (from the same stamp set as the images)onto more White card, inked in the frame with Tumbled Glass and die cut it with  the center piece from Radiant Rectangles. I attached this at the bottom right corner of the card. I made a bow out of more of the same seam binding ribbon and attached this on the left side.
I made a small snowflake out of Vellum using the two smallest dies from Create a Flake-Five, inked up and covered with Glamour dust and added a pearl in the center, this I then attached to the center of my snowflake.

There you have the finished card, Dimensions 5"X7".

Items used:

Sheena Douglass Little Bit Festive Country Christmas
Creative Expressions Foundation Card Periwinkle & Coconut White
Creative Expressions Pale Blue Seam Binding Ribbon
Habico Self Adhesive Pearls
Create and craft White Vellum
Deco Art Glamour Dust
Foam Pads
Versamark Ink Pad
Tim Holtz Distress Inks Black Soot, Tumbled Glass , Rusty Hinge & Vintage Photo
Spellbinders Create a Flake Five


Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.