Followers

Total Pageviews

Friday 16 January 2015

Sorry You Are Leaving

Morning my crafting friends, last day of the week, so I hope you all have a wonderful weekend ahead.

Today one of the Male members of our team at work is leaving to go and teach English to EAL students in Hong Kong, he got his Doctorate in English about 18 months ago so is now going to make use of it! We will miss him as he has a wicked sense of humour, he's young, single and got no ties so good luck to him. Anyway I was asked if I had a card in my collection, the only one I had was this one, was not sure whether it was suitable for a Man but like they said it did not matter as he would probably throw it away anyhow!!!



I made a base card out of Spring Green card, embossed some White card and layered that on top. Using a piece of the Spring Green card I placed it onto a Self Adhesive sheet and covered it with Diamond Sprinkles, I matted this onto the White embossed card. 

I die cut the Scandinavian background out of White card and attached this on top. I had some old rub on letters so I made the sentiment out of these onto a piece of Spring Green card matted onto some White card and placed this across the middle of the card as seen.

Using Rich Green card I die cut two sets of the Trailing Ivy and placed these top and bottom of the sentiment. This finished the card.




Items Used:

Creative Expressions Foundation card Spring Green
Creative Expressions Diamond Sprinkles
Creative Expressions Sue Wilson Scandinavian Collection Background
Creative Expressions Finishing Touches Trailing Ivy
Sheena Douglas White Stamping Card
Tattered Lace Embossing Folder Fretwork
Black Rub on Letters

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

12 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Jacquie love the beautiful die cut on the white card. Green is such a fresh colour. I am sure he will be thrilled to receive a hand made card. Have a wonderful weekend. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card Jacquie, absolutely fine for a man
    I really like the colours and your great design.
    Have a wonderful weekend
    Hugs

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Jacquie, such a fabulous design and I love the green and white colour combination.
    I hope you have a good weekend.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous masculine card Jacquie!! Love that trailing ivy, I really need to find a place that sells this creative expressions stuff!! Great colours, and I love the shimmer! Happy weekend to you, big hugs until next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fab design and colours,this is gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulously brilliant card...love the colour combo and dies used are gorgeous....xxx{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Evening Jacquie, this card is certainly suitable for a man - no flowers, bows or sparkle !!!. If he is just going to throw it away perhaps he doesn't deserve it. Love the ivy die that you have used. Friday comes around so quickly. Have a good weekend. Janice xx http:createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ideal card for a man. Really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Jacquie,
    What a lovely card, I love that Scandinavian background as it is more open than some of the other background dies, so you can see more of the detail of what you have matted behind it! The Trailing Ivy is a good 'male' alternative to flowers! Your whole card works so well!
    I hope it was appreciated,
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Hugs
    Sandra xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jacquie
    He had better not throw it away.
    Its too special to do that!
    Love the fresh green and sparkle.
    Have a great weekend too chuck.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fsbulous masculine beauty. Thanks for your visit and leaving the sweet luv.
    Hugs
    Berni

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous card Jacquie, lovely fresh colours - perfect for a male.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.