Followers

Total Pageviews

Tuesday 10 May 2016

Hummingbird

Hello my fellow crafters, I hope today finds you all safe and well? We have been having some lovely weather of late but today its absolutely chucking it down with rain lol! Saves me watering the garden!
We had a lovely weekend, it was my Husbands 31st School Reunion, where some of the students who went to Eden hall Boarding school in Bacton Norfolk met up, we mainly spend the day in the pub and of course taking a stroll down to where the school used to stand, favourite places and the beach before heading back to the pub! Eden Hall was a school for special needs children, those who could not be put into main stream schools because they had heart problems, asthma, epilepsy or whatever, there were many age groups there as the school did run for many years, its no longer there as they knocked it down and built houses on the site but the people who own the properties graciously allowed for a special plaque to be put into place last year, the nicest thing is that they have all kept in touch with one another and meet up every year. Of course I like going as it means a trip back to Norfolk where I lived for 30 years and meeting up with my old friends. I will show some photos of our trip at the end of this post.


Another simple card for you. The base card was the other half of card I had from my last post. I cut a piece of card to size and coloured it in with Tim Holtz Distress Inks Bundled Sage and Peacock Feathers and attached this to my base card with Foam Tape.

On another piece of card I stamped my Hummingbird from Heartfelt Creations Romantique Wings Pre-Cut Set and coloured this in with Spectrum Noir Aqua Blend pencils. I die cut it out with X-Cut Lables die, coloured the edge with Peacock Feathers DI and then placed it in the middle of my background. 

Over the top I added one of Heartfelt Creations Regal Boarders & Pockets dies that I had die cut out of White Card.

There you have the finished card, I left a sentiment off so it could be used for many different occasions.

Now for my weekend away here are some piccies, I took loads but I wont bore you with them all, just a few lol!
  

The Plaque

Bacton Sea as the sun was going down

Some of hubbies old school friends (I am second left, hubby is behind me)

Thought this was funny, how the Seagulls sat on a post each
all looking the same way!

Beautiful Rape field, the colour looks stunning against the Blue sky

It was in Brunstead, Norfolk!!! We passed it on our way back home


Thank you for looking, I will be back next week, Jacquie xxx

12 comments:

  1. Lovely memories Jacquie and thanks for sharing your photos. I loved the seagulls! Your card is great.LOvely image and diecuts, and coloured beautifully. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacquie, I love that hummingbird stamp and the way you have designed your card is gorgeous. Love the photo's, looks a lovely place and makes a change for the weather to be good. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Jacquie, love your hummingbird and that super fancy die cut! Wonderful photos, looks like you had a great trip. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and how lovely that your husband has these school reunions We moved during my teenage years from Aylesbury to Hertfordshire and loved my "new" school I often wonder what students from both schools are doing now

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jacquie
    Lovely photos and its great when we can keep in touch with old friends.
    Your card is stunning.
    Beautiful vibrant colours that really bring it to life.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous picture of my friend Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I once knew your hubby Ian, always thought I did anyway, some friend !!!!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.