Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday 15 August 2016

Christmas Canvas

Hello crafters, cannot believe how long it has been since I last posted, my apologies but I have been a very busy bee lol!

Today I have something a little different for you in the way of a Christmas Canvas. I made this with all Sheena Douglass goodies along with some Pebeo Prism Fantasy paints, these were recently aired on Hochanda in the mixed media shows, they really are beautiful and create these wonderful patterns when dry.


I started with a plain canvas, painted it with White Gesso then added a couple of sheets of kitchen towel for texture and a few beads here and there and painting over this again with White Gesso to stick it down then left to dry. Don't forget to paint the sides too!

Whilst waiting for the canvas to dry I die cut some Holly leaves, Ivy and Poinsettias and coloured them in with Aquatints and Aquablend pencils. When dry I stamped over the Poinsettias with the matching stamps using Tim Holtz Distress Inks. I also die cut some Christmas Baubles. With the baubles I spread out some of the Pebeo Prism Fantasy paints in each one, the Red & Turquoise I added a bit of Gold into the colours but left the Purple as it was, I put these aside and left to dry overnight. You have to leave this paint to dry at least 6 hours so it is better to leave it overnight but its amazing to watch it dry and see the patterns form, who said time is like watching paint dry? Or something like that lol! You can see more of the wonderful pattern in the Red one.

Once the canvas was dry I painted it with Aquatints Bright & Beautiful but decided it was far to bright with what I wanted so I painted over that with watered down White Acrylic paint to diffuse the colours. When this was dry I took the Pebeo relief gilding paste and drew some small circles and trails of dots over the board, and glued down some string to attach the baubles to. I also added a few small drops in the center of the Poinsettias and once dry rubbed Gold foil over them. When the Pebeo paste was dry I filled in the circles with Pebeo Prism Fantasy paints Gold & Turquoise and rubbed Gold foils over the dots, edges of the circles, string and edges of the kitchen towel, anywhere you want it to go really to add a bit of shine.

I placed the holly leaves, Ivy and Poinsettias on the board deciding the best place to put them before attaching them with glue. The next day I added some gilding wax to the edge of the baubles before gluing them into their positions. I added more gilding wax around the canvas and on the edges and corners.

There you have the finished canvas. Quite pretty I think and very colourful, just great for Christmas.

Items Used:

Pebeo Prism Fantasy paint (various colours)
Pebeo Relief Gilding Paste
Pebeo Foils Gold
Sheena Douglass Perfect Partners Festive Fancies Festive Ivy & Christmas Ivy
Sheena Douglass Perfect Partners Festive Fancies Hollies & Berries & Holly Jolly Christmas
Sheena Douglass Perfect Partners Festive Fancies Pionsettia & Perfect Poinsttia
Sheena Douglass Perfect Partners Festive Fancies Festive Baubles &Deck the Halls
Tim Holtz Distress Inks Abandoned Coral & Victorian Velvet
Spectrum Noir Aquatints
Spectrum Noir Aquablend Pencils
Small Canvas Board & Easel
Kitchen Towel

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

10 comments:

  1. Love this canvas Jacqui, definitely puts you in the Christmas mood xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacquie,
    what a wonderful canvas, and such lovely bright colours, and texture.
    A really great Christmas present for someone this would make.
    Thank you for your wonderful expaination on how you created it.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacquie, yes it has been a while since you blogged.....but well worth the wait when you produce stunning work like today. Beautiful....you're one talented lady. Janice x http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Christmas canvas Jacquie, I love the added flowers and ivy. Super textures and design, Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks quite amazing, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely canas Something else I've never tried!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Jacquie! So many festive colours and elements, what a glorious holiday canvas!! Love the effect on the top ornament, fantastic!! Hope all is well with you. sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got deja vu.......lol! I have commented on the first post for this as I didn't realise there was another lol!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful creation here, love the stunning images and colours you use...xx {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.