Followers

Total Pageviews

Thursday 25 August 2016

Christmas Samples

Hello my crafting friends time to hopefully inspire you with another card and a gift box I made for the forthcoming shows with our Sheena Douglass on Hochanda tomorrow at 10am,1pm & 5pm.



I made this gift box to show all four of the new larger dies in Sheena Douglass Scenic Winter Collection, the Robin, The Rose, The Stag and of course The Snowdrops. These were all coloured using Spectrum Noir AquaBlend Pencils.

For the base I coloured Sheena Douglass White Stamping Card with Tim Holtz Distress Inks Tumbled Glass and Stormy Sky then stamped on top some Snowflakes from Sheena Douglass A Little Bit Scenic Ornate Snowflake, again using the same distress inks, then putting Blue Glitter Glue over the top of the ones that were showing around each die. The lid was just decorated with the Snowflakes. The finished box measured 6"X 6". I allowed a 1" fold over the edge of each side.


This was a small tunnel card showing Sheena Douglass Scenic Winter Christmas Trees and Sheena Douglass Scenic Winter The Stag. To make the card I had my base which I coloured in the sky using Spectrum Noir Aquatints Bright & Beautiful.  Then I had my center card which I stamped on the trees, coloured it in with Spectrum Noir Aquablend Pencils then cut it down at the top hill and just above the top of the trees, the my front card was using the Stag die. This again was coloured in with Aquablend Pencils.

To fix them together I got two pieced of card and  folded it like a fan to make the concertina sides, make sure you really crease these so it does stand out. I attached one to the left side of my base card and one to the right side. I then attached the middle section on the middle fold of the concertina and finally the stag at the front.  You can make these tunnel cards a lot deeper by making the concertina a lot longer, I only wanted the three scenes for this one. I love the 3D look this gives a card. Of course this lends itself to a 6" X 6" card but you can make them bigger with these by placing this on top of an 8" X 8" card and just decorating  round the edge or stamping a sentiment around the edge.

I do hope you can tune in to one of the shows to view all the beautiful samples by the Design team and to watch some fabulous demos from our Sheena.

Thank you for looking,  Jacquie xxx

3 comments:

  1. They look lovely, the tunnel card is gorgeous, beautiful images, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacquie
    Trying to think how nice the present would have to be to outshine that gorgeous gift box lol! Fab tunnel card too. Great depth and dimension.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous box and card. gorgeous stamps and love the scene you created on the card. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.